Hi, my name is Benjamin Brockhaus (*1986), I am a coach, community-facilitator and consultant supporting individuals, groups and organizations on their path towards spiritual livelihood, fulfilling community and sustainable economy.
In recent years I have co-founded the future village SonnErden. Before that I have helped to set up several social-entrepreneurial organizations and accompanied many different initiatives, campaigns and companies as a consultant and project manager. On this track (see more below), I was unsuccesfully searching for inner fulfillment in the outside. Two years ago, an severe inward transformation journey began, which is keeping me in suspense to reconnect with my inner body again and again. By that my working-biography transformed as well: I focus more on the coaching-work with individiuals and groups.
My work is inspired by:
Community-building process (WIR Prozess) according to Scott Peck, PowerOfNow, Embodiment Practices, ShamanicJourneys, EssenzCoaching®, Anthroposophy, Biography Work, Art of Hosting, Deep Ecology, Yoga, Breathwork, Wim Hof Method and more.
CV of the former track:
- qualification as technician for industrial electronics
- B.Sc. Ecosystem Management // University of Goettingen
- M.A. Sustainability Economics and Management // University of Oldenburg
- since 2011 scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation.
In 2008 Benjamin served voluntarily as a national park ranger in the Wadden Sea National Park of Lower Saxony, which is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Observing the richness, beauty, vulnerability and natural dynamics of this globally unique ecosystem became a very meaningful impression to him.
Not least therefore Benjamin’s interest lies in participative approaches for sustainable regional development, business ethics, corporate social responsibility (CSR), education for sustainable development (ESD), landscape ecology and organisational culture. Therefore his current work as freelance project developer and host of team-based project development processes often refers to the theory of the commons, system theory, social- and humanistic psychology and organisational theory. As Benjamin promotes a holistic understanding of policy-making and sustainability, which includes the cultural dimension, his concepts go close with the development of team spirit, identification of commonly shared values and practicing awareness.
To empower people in discovering and developing their potential as creators of a sustainable future, Benjamin co-founded the “Youth Future Project” association in 2009. This NGO enables undergraduates to get in touch with future-orientated approaches for society, economy and politics by direct interactions with pioneers like the awardees of the nobel peace prize and laureates of the “alternative nobel“. For his commitment, in 2012 Benjamin became awarded a basic income scholarship as part of the “Program Engagement with Perspective (PEP)” by the international Social Entrepreneur Network “Ashoka” and SAP AG.
Since 2013 Benjamin co-developed projects in Sweden with the Right Livelihood Award Foundation, in Switzerland with the think tank “First World Development” (e.g. “Business for Basic Income”, a Network of Entrepreneurs discussing the idea of a basic income) and for several clients from profit- and non-profit-sector in Germany.
Continuing his comittment for the Wadden Sea in 2015 Benjamin founded the nationally first alumni-network of volunteers of a German national park: The network Watt°N unfolds the potential of hundreds former national-park-volunteers (who are usually highly motivated to continue their support) by reorganising them for the local sustainable development goals.
Since 2017, Benjamin works internationally as a consultant and project developer with several partners and his agency brockhaus.eco
In 2020 Benjamin co-created the future-village "Sonnerden" in the beautiful landscape of Rhön. 40 People already live, learn and work here - between rural sustainability and urban innovation.
Here you can find a list of my past and current projects.
Scholarships & Recognitions:
- 2017 - Watt°N // Projekt Nachhaltigkeit 2019
- 2014 - "HelferHerzen - der dm-Preis für Engagement
- 2012 - Ashoka-Stipendium "Engagement mit Perspektive"
- 2010 - Anerkennungspreis Ideenwettbewerb »Neue Impulse zu Bologna«
- 2011 - Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes
- Brockhaus, Benjamin (2019): Transformative Unternehmensführung und ihre geistigen Grundlagen. Die Bewusstseinshaltung zukunftsfähiger Organisationen. Info3 Verlag, Frankfurt.
- Brockhaus, Benjamin (2015): Der tugendhafte Unternehmer als Gestalter ambivalenter kultureller Prozesse. Rekultivierung der Tugenden als Antwort auf die Menschheitskrisen. Studienarbeit, Universität Oldenburg, Septembr 2015.
Memberships & networks:
- Zukunftsdorf Sonnerden (Gesellschafter & Mitgründer)
- SEND - Social Entrerpreneurship Network Deutschland / member (until 09/2021)
- Right Livelihood Award Foundation / freelancer & circle of friends
- Youth Future Project e.V. / Initiator and co-founder
- Klimaschutz+ Stiftung und Energiegenossenschaft / campaigner
- BUND - Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz / member
- OYA Medien e.G. / member
- Fairmondo (ehemals Fairnopoly) e.G. / member
- Ideen³ - Räume für Entwicklung e.V. / member
- Vereinigung für Ökologische Ökonomie e.V. / member
- Förderverein Nationalpark Niedersächsisches Wattenmeer e.V. / board of the alumni network:
- "Watt°N - Netzwerk Freiwilliger im Niedersächsischen Wattenmeer" / initiator and co-founder
- Neopolis Network e.V. -Exploring the next society /co-founder and board
- SirPlus (ehem. Sharecy) gUG / circle of friends
- WeQ Institute gGmbH / Circle of friends
- ZOE Institute / partner
- World Goetheanum Association / member
- Succownauten Netzwerk / Initiator and founder
- Bosch Alumni Network / member
- Alumni Network Uni Oldenburg / member
- Forum Studienstiftung / member